After a stroll around Feastival on the Sunday morning after a big party the night before, we opted for a healthy and tempting lobster roll from Café Mor, the Pembrokeshire beach-food company. They won the Best Sandwich at the recent Street Food Awards for f their seashore wrap with fresh crab; and here is their recipe for a delicious lobster roll.
1 cooked lobster, shelled (save the shells for a soup or stock)
4 small hamburger buns or small soft ciabatta rolls
A handful of small tasty salad leaves
For the coleslaw
1 large shallot, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and grated or shredded
A few leaves of white cabbage, shredded
3-4tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together for the coleslaw and season to taste. Warm the buns and cut in half; spoon on the coleslaw. Slice up the lobster and arrange on the coleslaw with the leaves on top and place the bun lid back on. Top with relish of your choice.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Question Time's 'passionate highlander' is the William Wallace of the Better Together campaign
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...