After a stroll around Feastival on the Sunday morning after a big party the night before, we opted for a healthy and tempting lobster roll from Café Mor, the Pembrokeshire beach-food company. They won the Best Sandwich at the recent Street Food Awards for f their seashore wrap with fresh crab; and here is their recipe for a delicious lobster roll.
1 cooked lobster, shelled (save the shells for a soup or stock)
4 small hamburger buns or small soft ciabatta rolls
A handful of small tasty salad leaves
For the coleslaw
1 large shallot, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and grated or shredded
A few leaves of white cabbage, shredded
3-4tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together for the coleslaw and season to taste. Warm the buns and cut in half; spoon on the coleslaw. Slice up the lobster and arrange on the coleslaw with the leaves on top and place the bun lid back on. Top with relish of your choice.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...