Lobster tagliolini with tarragon and tomatoes
Sunday 10 July 2011
This is a beautiful dish: it is very delicate and it feels special. Tarragon goes well with almost all white seafood, giving an aromatic, aniseedy taste.
2 native lobsters
1 small bunch of tarragon, leaves only
100g/3 oz butter, softened
1 tbsp Pernod
12 small, ripe tomatoes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g/5oz tagliolini per person
Boil a large pot of well-salted water, plunge the lobsters in and cook for 7 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
Crack the claws to extract the meat then, using a sharp knife, slice down the middle of the underside, break in half and remove the flesh. Remove any dark intestinal track and slice the flesh into one-inch pieces.
Chop the tarragon finely and stir through the softened butter along with the Pernod and a pinch of salt.
Place a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Place a medium-sized pan over a low heat and, once slightly warm, add the tarragon butter and, once it is melted, the tomatoes, and cook until soft. Then add the lobster and cook until just warmed through. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Cook the pasta according to the maker's instructions, drain and add to the pan with the lobster. Toss together well and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...