Lobster with mange tout and ginger
I had a crack at growing mange tout this year and I must say they had quite a good yield, though a few of them went over and turned into peas. The nice thing when you grow something like this, is you feel like you should make an effort and not just serve them as a side dish.
Home-grown mange tout or sugar snaps paired with lobster fresh out of the sea certainly gave this humble vegetable a nice lift.
½tbsp vegetable or corn oil
50g mange tout or sugar snaps, trimmed
A small piece of root ginger, finely chopped or grated
2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the angle
½tbsp soy sauce
A handful of pea shoots (optional)
6-8 thin slices of lobster
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly stir fry the mange tout, ginger and spring onions for a minute, stirring them as they are cooking.
Next, mix in the soy sauce and pea shoots and cook for 20 seconds or so, then stir in the lobster, remove from the heat and arrange on serving dishes.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...