Marinaded sea trout, grapefruit and fennel ferns
I have some wild fennel in my garden and the first little bushy ferns that start appearing are in lovely shades of red and green. When I first put this dish together I had a single pink grapefruit in my fruit bowl and experimentally squeezed the juice over the sea trout instead of lemon – it worked a treat with the aniseedy flavour of the fennel.
300-350g sea-trout fillet, skinned and boned
A little sea salt and ground black pepper
The juice of a small grapefruit
A small handful of young fennel ferns
Thinly slice the sea trout vertically on a slight angle and arrange the slices on serving plates.
Season, spoon the grapefruit juice over the sea trout and leave for a couple of minutes, then scatter over the fennel ferns.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...