Marinaded sea trout, grapefruit and fennel ferns
I have some wild fennel in my garden and the first little bushy ferns that start appearing are in lovely shades of red and green. When I first put this dish together I had a single pink grapefruit in my fruit bowl and experimentally squeezed the juice over the sea trout instead of lemon – it worked a treat with the aniseedy flavour of the fennel.
300-350g sea-trout fillet, skinned and boned
A little sea salt and ground black pepper
The juice of a small grapefruit
A small handful of young fennel ferns
Thinly slice the sea trout vertically on a slight angle and arrange the slices on serving plates.
Season, spoon the grapefruit juice over the sea trout and leave for a couple of minutes, then scatter over the fennel ferns.
Life & Style blogs
The best swim shorts for men: Bag yourself the perfect pair and make a splash this summer
High-oestrogen contraceptive pills could raise breast cancer risk by 50%, study suggests
The best swim shorts for men
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
- 1 Mystery of the Siberian holes at the end of the world 'solved': Scientists offer explanation
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Sean Hannity reacts to Russell Brand's Israel-Gaza criticism: 'You're a dumb actor known for your failed marriage to Katy Perry'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...