Mark Hix recipe: A Hot Norfolk Broad
Buy grilling chorizo for this and not the cured, slicing chorizo as its too hard in the sauce. The fresh cooking chorizo can be skinned and the meat broken up or chopped so it ends up like mince.
Potato chips, prepared as before
1 onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
250g cooking chorizo, broken up
400g or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
300ml chicken stock
120-150g grated manchego or another hard cheese
A handful of chopped coriander
Put the onion in a heavy-based saucepan with the chorizo and cook it on a medium heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring as it's cooking so the meat breaks down.
Add the tomatoes and stock, season, and simmer gently with a lid on for about 30 minutes. The sauce should be quite thick – if not, continue simmering until it thickens.
Add the chopped coriander and remove from the heat. Serve the sauce over the chips and scatter the cheese on top.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...