Mark Hix recipe: A Hot Norfolk Broad
Buy grilling chorizo for this and not the cured, slicing chorizo as its too hard in the sauce. The fresh cooking chorizo can be skinned and the meat broken up or chopped so it ends up like mince.
Potato chips, prepared as before
1 onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
250g cooking chorizo, broken up
400g or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
300ml chicken stock
120-150g grated manchego or another hard cheese
A handful of chopped coriander
Put the onion in a heavy-based saucepan with the chorizo and cook it on a medium heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring as it's cooking so the meat breaks down.
Add the tomatoes and stock, season, and simmer gently with a lid on for about 30 minutes. The sauce should be quite thick – if not, continue simmering until it thickens.
Add the chopped coriander and remove from the heat. Serve the sauce over the chips and scatter the cheese on top.
Life & Style blogs
Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
This is how to react when you receive a terrible birthday present
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Ashley Madison hacker could be posting on Twitter as 'Thadeus Zu', researcher claims
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Marketing Campaign Manager is req...