Mark Hix recipe: Artichokes, olive and caper salad
I discovered these completely trimmed, frozen globe artichokes a few years back in a Middle Eastern supermarket. The quality is fantastic for hot or cold dishes – or as a garnish for meat and fish.
6-8 frozen, prepared globe artichokes, defrosted
2tbsp large capers, rinsed
12-15 stoned green olives, chopped
2tbsp chopped parsley
For the dressing
1tbsp good-quality tarragon vinegar
2tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, peeled
2tbsp olive oil
3tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
First, make the vinaigrette. Put all the ingredients into a clean jar. Give it a good shake and leave to infuse overnight at room temperature.
Slice up the artichokes and toss them in a bowl with the vinaigrette, capers, olives and parsley and season. Leave to stand for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...