Mark Hix recipe: Artichokes, olive and caper salad
I discovered these completely trimmed, frozen globe artichokes a few years back in a Middle Eastern supermarket. The quality is fantastic for hot or cold dishes – or as a garnish for meat and fish.
6-8 frozen, prepared globe artichokes, defrosted
2tbsp large capers, rinsed
12-15 stoned green olives, chopped
2tbsp chopped parsley
For the dressing
1tbsp good-quality tarragon vinegar
2tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, peeled
2tbsp olive oil
3tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
First, make the vinaigrette. Put all the ingredients into a clean jar. Give it a good shake and leave to infuse overnight at room temperature.
Slice up the artichokes and toss them in a bowl with the vinaigrette, capers, olives and parsley and season. Leave to stand for about 20-30 minutes before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
iJobs Food & Drink
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£28 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Accountant is needed to take control of the ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...