Mark Hix recipe: Beetroot and vodka shots
You can buy beetroot juice ready-made or if you have a juice machine, it's easily made at home. I particularly like these served with caviar or as a shot at a cocktail party.
250ml beetroot juice, chilled
½tbsp freshly grated horseradish
150-200ml vodka, chilled
Mix the beetroot juice and horseradish together with the vodka and either serve straight or poured on to an ice cube.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...