Mark Hix recipe: Beetroot, feta and mint salad
This is a good way to use different coloured beets, as many different types as you can even for a colourful starter or buffet dish. Here you can bake some of the beetroot and boil the yellow or white ones as they tend to discolour a little when cooked on a dry heat.
300-400g different coloured cooked beetroot, peeled
A handful of rocket, washed and dried
200-250g feta cheese, broken into pieces
A handful of mint leaves, washed and dried
For the dressing
1tbsp cider vinegar
4tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the beets into a mixture of chunks and wedges and arrange on a serving dish with the rocket.
Whisk the oil and vinegar together and season well, then spoon over the rocket and beetroot. Scatter on the feta and mint leaves; serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...