Mark Hix recipe: Beetroot, feta and mint salad
This is a good way to use different coloured beets, as many different types as you can even for a colourful starter or buffet dish. Here you can bake some of the beetroot and boil the yellow or white ones as they tend to discolour a little when cooked on a dry heat.
300-400g different coloured cooked beetroot, peeled
A handful of rocket, washed and dried
200-250g feta cheese, broken into pieces
A handful of mint leaves, washed and dried
For the dressing
1tbsp cider vinegar
4tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the beets into a mixture of chunks and wedges and arrange on a serving dish with the rocket.
Whisk the oil and vinegar together and season well, then spoon over the rocket and beetroot. Scatter on the feta and mint leaves; serve.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth
iJobs Food & Drink
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£7500 - £10000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness chai...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: The role is likely to be 4on 4 off, days and ...