Mark Hix recipe: Beetroot, feta and mint salad
This is a good way to use different coloured beets, as many different types as you can even for a colourful starter or buffet dish. Here you can bake some of the beetroot and boil the yellow or white ones as they tend to discolour a little when cooked on a dry heat.
300-400g different coloured cooked beetroot, peeled
A handful of rocket, washed and dried
200-250g feta cheese, broken into pieces
A handful of mint leaves, washed and dried
For the dressing
1tbsp cider vinegar
4tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the beets into a mixture of chunks and wedges and arrange on a serving dish with the rocket.
Whisk the oil and vinegar together and season well, then spoon over the rocket and beetroot. Scatter on the feta and mint leaves; serve.
Life & Style blogs
The best swim shorts for men: Bag yourself the perfect pair and make a splash this summer
High-oestrogen contraceptive pills could raise breast cancer risk by 50%, study suggests
The best swim shorts for men
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
- 1 Mystery of the Siberian holes at the end of the world 'solved': Scientists offer explanation
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Sean Hannity reacts to Russell Brand's Israel-Gaza criticism: 'You're a dumb actor known for your failed marriage to Katy Perry'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...