Mark Hix recipe: Guanciale and bubble and squeak soda farl
If possible, use Peter's Great Taste Award-winning guanciale.
4 soda farls
8-12 slices of guanciale
125-150g new potatoes, cooked
200g spring greens, cooked and chopped
6 spring onions, trimmed
100g podded peas, cooked and chopped
100g broad beans, cooked and chopped
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp vegetable oil
Chop the potatoes, greens, onions, peas and beans and toss with the parsley. Mould the mixture into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a pan and cook until golden.
In another pan, cook the guanciale until crisp; keep warm. Halve the farls, toast, and assemble.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Worst time to be a parent revealed: Dinner, baths and bed time push stress levels to peak
American Apparel gets another ad banned by advertising watchdog for sexualising children
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...