Mark Hix recipe: Guanciale and bubble and squeak soda farl
If possible, use Peter's Great Taste Award-winning guanciale.
4 soda farls
8-12 slices of guanciale
125-150g new potatoes, cooked
200g spring greens, cooked and chopped
6 spring onions, trimmed
100g podded peas, cooked and chopped
100g broad beans, cooked and chopped
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp vegetable oil
Chop the potatoes, greens, onions, peas and beans and toss with the parsley. Mould the mixture into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a pan and cook until golden.
In another pan, cook the guanciale until crisp; keep warm. Halve the farls, toast, and assemble.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
iJobs Food & Drink
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This successful group of compan...