Mark Hix recipe: Lamb and asparagus salad
If you don't like offal, just use more fillet here instead of kidneys.
4 lamb under fillets
2 lamb kidneys
4-6 asparagus spears, cooked and sliced
60-80g small salad leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1tbsp good-quality cider vinegar
2tsp Tewkesbury or Dijon mustard
4tbsp rapeseed oil
Season the lamb kidney and fillets. Heat a little vegetable oil in a heavy frying or griddle pan, until it is almost smoking, and cook the kidneys for about 3-4 minutes on each side and the fillets for about a minute each side, ensuring both remain pink.
Now transfer to a plate to catch any juices.
Whisk the vinegar, mustard and oil with the lamb juices to make a dressing, and season.
Mix the salad leaves and asparagus in a bowl and toss with half of the dressing, then arrange on four plates.
Slice the lamb fillet and kidney thinly and place the slices on top of the salad and spoon over a little more dressing.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...