Mark Hix recipe: Lamb and asparagus salad
If you don't like offal, just use more fillet here instead of kidneys.
4 lamb under fillets
2 lamb kidneys
4-6 asparagus spears, cooked and sliced
60-80g small salad leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1tbsp good-quality cider vinegar
2tsp Tewkesbury or Dijon mustard
4tbsp rapeseed oil
Season the lamb kidney and fillets. Heat a little vegetable oil in a heavy frying or griddle pan, until it is almost smoking, and cook the kidneys for about 3-4 minutes on each side and the fillets for about a minute each side, ensuring both remain pink.
Now transfer to a plate to catch any juices.
Whisk the vinegar, mustard and oil with the lamb juices to make a dressing, and season.
Mix the salad leaves and asparagus in a bowl and toss with half of the dressing, then arrange on four plates.
Slice the lamb fillet and kidney thinly and place the slices on top of the salad and spoon over a little more dressing.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
- 4 John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...