Monkfish cheeks with girolles
Saturday 14 November 2009
We are beginning to see great tasting and great-value monkfish cheeks in many fishmongers.
400g monkfish cheeks, trimmed of any sinew and halved if large
2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g girolle mushrooms, cleaned
100ml white wine
1tbsp chopped parsley
Heat a large frying pan with the oil, season the monkfish cheeks and fry on a high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning them as they are cooking until they begin to brown.
Add the girolles; continue cooking on a high heat for a few minutes, turning them with the cheeks until they are tender. Add the wine, butter and parsley and continue cooking for a minute.
The cheeks should be coated in a sauce formed by the wine, butter and cooking juices. Serve in a dish to share or serve individually.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...