Monkfish cheeks with girolles
Saturday 14 November 2009
We are beginning to see great tasting and great-value monkfish cheeks in many fishmongers.
400g monkfish cheeks, trimmed of any sinew and halved if large
2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g girolle mushrooms, cleaned
100ml white wine
1tbsp chopped parsley
Heat a large frying pan with the oil, season the monkfish cheeks and fry on a high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning them as they are cooking until they begin to brown.
Add the girolles; continue cooking on a high heat for a few minutes, turning them with the cheeks until they are tender. Add the wine, butter and parsley and continue cooking for a minute.
The cheeks should be coated in a sauce formed by the wine, butter and cooking juices. Serve in a dish to share or serve individually.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Xbox Live down: gaming service breaks itself, but hackers claim credit
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...