Mozzarella with roasted red peppers, grilled aubergines, roasted sweet potato and cannellini beans
Sunday 08 August 2010
1 red pepper
1 sweet potato
80ml/3fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 small bunch of marjoram, leaves only
1/2 tin cooked cannellini or borlotti beans
6 balls of mozzarella
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Slice the pepper in half, scoop out the seeds and cut into eighths.
Peel and slice the sweet potato into one-inch chunks and place in a roasting pan along with the pepper.
Pour over half a tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper and add a tablespoon of the vinegar.
Toss together and place on the middle shelf of the oven; roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Cut the aubergine into one-inch slices. Drizzle half of the remaining olive oil over and place under a grill until golden-brown. Turn and do the same on the underside. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Once the vegetables are at room temperature, place in a bowl and drizzle over the remaining oil and vinegar, chilli, marjoram and cooked beans. Season well and mix together thoroughly. Arrange on plates along with the mozzarella. If you feel it needs it, drizzle over a little more oil just before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...