Mozzarella with spinach, fennel and pea salad
Sunday 14 August 2011
1 fennel bulb
100g/3 oz cooked spinach
5-7 pods of peas per person
The zest and juice of one unwaxed lemon
tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
50ml/2fl oz very good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 balls of mozzarella, torn in half
Slice the fennel as finely as possible and place in a bowl.
Squeeze out any excess water in the spinach using your hands and place in the bowl.
Add the peas, lemon juice, zest and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and mix together really well.
Finally, drizzle over the olive oil and toss together well.
Divide between four plates and lay the mozzarella gently on top.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamaphobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...