Mozzarella with spinach, fennel and pea salad
Sunday 14 August 2011
1 fennel bulb
100g/3 oz cooked spinach
5-7 pods of peas per person
The zest and juice of one unwaxed lemon
tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
50ml/2fl oz very good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 balls of mozzarella, torn in half
Slice the fennel as finely as possible and place in a bowl.
Squeeze out any excess water in the spinach using your hands and place in the bowl.
Add the peas, lemon juice, zest and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and mix together really well.
Finally, drizzle over the olive oil and toss together well.
Divide between four plates and lay the mozzarella gently on top.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...