Mozzarella with spinach, fennel and pea salad
Sunday 14 August 2011
1 fennel bulb
100g/3 oz cooked spinach
5-7 pods of peas per person
The zest and juice of one unwaxed lemon
tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
50ml/2fl oz very good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 balls of mozzarella, torn in half
Slice the fennel as finely as possible and place in a bowl.
Squeeze out any excess water in the spinach using your hands and place in the bowl.
Add the peas, lemon juice, zest and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and mix together really well.
Finally, drizzle over the olive oil and toss together well.
Divide between four plates and lay the mozzarella gently on top.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...