This is a great way to serve and show off a selection of mushrooms, especially if you have been down to the woods yourself. If you're a bit of a gardener and a forager, then you can make a virtually free starter.
200g or so of wild mushrooms, cleaned, and cut if they are large
2tsp olive oil
A good knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A couple of handfuls of small salad leaves and herbs
For the dressing
1tsp sherry vinegar
4tsp walnut or hazelnut oil
tsp caster sugar
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat – seasoning as you go – until tender. Then add the butter and keep them warm. Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing. Arrange the leaves and mushrooms on serving plates and spoon over the dressing.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
Xbox Live down: gaming service breaks itself, but hackers claim credit
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...