This is a great way to serve and show off a selection of mushrooms, especially if you have been down to the woods yourself. If you're a bit of a gardener and a forager, then you can make a virtually free starter.
200g or so of wild mushrooms, cleaned, and cut if they are large
2tsp olive oil
A good knob of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A couple of handfuls of small salad leaves and herbs
For the dressing
1tsp sherry vinegar
4tsp walnut or hazelnut oil
tsp caster sugar
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat – seasoning as you go – until tender. Then add the butter and keep them warm. Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing. Arrange the leaves and mushrooms on serving plates and spoon over the dressing.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...