Nectarines with cured pork collar
Saturday 16 July 2011
Rather like a melon does, these smooth-skinned posh peaches go perfectly with cured meats. Any kind of cured meat from Parma ham to cured pork collar works well as a sweet and savoury combo and creates a great, simple and no-fuss dinner party starter. Ensure your nectarines are ripe, as supermarkets tend to sell hard fruits which have to be ripened at home.
4 medium-sized, ripe nectarines
20 slices of cured pork collar or 8 slices of cured ham
Halve the nectarines and remove the stone. Cut each half into three or four wedges and arrange on plates with the ham.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: FCm Travel Solutions: FCm ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K base & uncapped commission & benefits: Flight...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We would very much like to hear from applicant...