Nectarines with cured pork collar
Saturday 16 July 2011
Rather like a melon does, these smooth-skinned posh peaches go perfectly with cured meats. Any kind of cured meat from Parma ham to cured pork collar works well as a sweet and savoury combo and creates a great, simple and no-fuss dinner party starter. Ensure your nectarines are ripe, as supermarkets tend to sell hard fruits which have to be ripened at home.
4 medium-sized, ripe nectarines
20 slices of cured pork collar or 8 slices of cured ham
Halve the nectarines and remove the stone. Cut each half into three or four wedges and arrange on plates with the ham.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...