New potatoes with sauce vert
Thursday 27 May 2010
Little potatoes are at their best right now – so try to think of any excuse to make use of them. Sauce vert is a classic French sauce of mayonnaise that has had a little crème fraîche and gentle herbs stirred through it. It is lovely dolloped on top of a bowl of warm potatoes.
Basic recipe mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 small bunch of chervil, leaves only
1 small bunch of chives, very finely chopped
1 small bunch of tarragon, leaves only, finely chopped
2 heaped tbsp of crème fraîche
1kg/2lb new potatoes
Place the mayonnaise in a bowl and simply stir in the mustard, herbs and crème fraîche. Steam the potatoes until they yield to a fork, divide them among four plates, then spoon the mayonnaise over them just before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...