New potatoes with sauce vert
Thursday 27 May 2010
Little potatoes are at their best right now – so try to think of any excuse to make use of them. Sauce vert is a classic French sauce of mayonnaise that has had a little crème fraîche and gentle herbs stirred through it. It is lovely dolloped on top of a bowl of warm potatoes.
Basic recipe mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 small bunch of chervil, leaves only
1 small bunch of chives, very finely chopped
1 small bunch of tarragon, leaves only, finely chopped
2 heaped tbsp of crème fraîche
1kg/2lb new potatoes
Place the mayonnaise in a bowl and simply stir in the mustard, herbs and crème fraîche. Steam the potatoes until they yield to a fork, divide them among four plates, then spoon the mayonnaise over them just before serving.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...
£15000 - £19200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Processing Partner is require...
£34000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist travel agent ba...