New potatoes with sauce vert
Thursday 27 May 2010
Little potatoes are at their best right now – so try to think of any excuse to make use of them. Sauce vert is a classic French sauce of mayonnaise that has had a little crème fraîche and gentle herbs stirred through it. It is lovely dolloped on top of a bowl of warm potatoes.
Basic recipe mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 small bunch of chervil, leaves only
1 small bunch of chives, very finely chopped
1 small bunch of tarragon, leaves only, finely chopped
2 heaped tbsp of crème fraîche
1kg/2lb new potatoes
Place the mayonnaise in a bowl and simply stir in the mustard, herbs and crème fraîche. Steam the potatoes until they yield to a fork, divide them among four plates, then spoon the mayonnaise over them just before serving.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...