Nick's mulled wine
Saturday 26 December 2009
This is one of my bar manager Nick Strangeway's concoctions. It's based on an 18th-century drink – loved by the fellows of Oxford University – called a Bishop. It's great for using up leftover red wine.
1 bottle of red wine
700ml of boiling water
The zest of a lemon
1 stick of cinnamon
1 star anise
Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Stud the orange and lemon with the cloves, place on a tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until they begin to colour; then leave to cool a little, quarter the fruits and place in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain or leave as it is and pour in to mugs or heatproof glasses to serve.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Life & Style blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police forces probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: D...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: FCm Travel Solutions: FCm ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K base & uncapped commission & benefits: Flight...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We would very much like to hear from applicant...