Olive drop scones
These make delicious little snacks on their own or can be used as the basis for a light bite, by topping them off with a soft goats' cheese or ricotta. Even plonking on a spoonful of guacamole would work nicely. You can make them as small or large as you wish.
150g gluten- and wheat-free self-raising flour
2 eggs, beaten
20 or so stoned black, or black and green olives, chopped
Put the flour into a mixing bowl, mix in the eggs and enough of the milk to form a smooth, thick batter, then stir in the olives.
Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan and rub it with a little vegetable oil.
Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and let them cook for 3 minutes, until bubbles rise, then turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes; remove.
Put them on to some kitchen paper while you are cooking the rest of the batch.
Life & Style blogs
Caitlyn Jenner: Twitter bot created to remind social media users to use the right pronouns
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 2 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 3 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
- 4 Fifa corruption: Qatar says investigations are racist, anti-Arab and show 'ugly face' of countries who lost 2022 World Cup bid
- 5 We have six months to save the world, says leading economist
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...