Sunday 07 February 2010
1 large Seville orange, peeled and segmented
125g/4oz softened unsalted butter
225g/71/2oz caster sugar
225g/71/2oz self-raising flour
200ml/7fl oz Seville orange marmalade
Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5 and butter a 20cm cake tin with a removable base.
Combine all the ingredients except the marmalade in a food processor and blend for two minutes.
Pour into the tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Cool for five minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
While the sponge cools, warm the marmalade in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water.
Slice the cake and spoon over the marmalade. Serve with thick cream.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...