Sunday 07 February 2010
1 large Seville orange, peeled and segmented
125g/4oz softened unsalted butter
225g/71/2oz caster sugar
225g/71/2oz self-raising flour
200ml/7fl oz Seville orange marmalade
Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5 and butter a 20cm cake tin with a removable base.
Combine all the ingredients except the marmalade in a food processor and blend for two minutes.
Pour into the tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Cool for five minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
While the sponge cools, warm the marmalade in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water.
Slice the cake and spoon over the marmalade. Serve with thick cream.
Life & Style blogs
Revenge porn: What is it – and how big is the problem?
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Windows 10: Microsoft bypasses 'Windows 9' to unveil latest operating system
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
28,000 to 32,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our client, a hospitality busi...
18,000 to 20,000 per annum: Accountancy Action: Our fantastic leisure client i...
£20 - 24k: Guru Careers: A Marketing Analyst / Marketing Executive is needed t...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...