Sunday 07 February 2010
1 large Seville orange, peeled and segmented
125g/4oz softened unsalted butter
225g/71/2oz caster sugar
225g/71/2oz self-raising flour
200ml/7fl oz Seville orange marmalade
Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5 and butter a 20cm cake tin with a removable base.
Combine all the ingredients except the marmalade in a food processor and blend for two minutes.
Pour into the tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Cool for five minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
While the sponge cools, warm the marmalade in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water.
Slice the cake and spoon over the marmalade. Serve with thick cream.
Life & Style blogs
Three in every four British men will be obese by 2030, says the World Health Organisation
How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 2 Pub landlord captures moment customer falls over on CCTV – just like Del Boy did on Only Fools and Horses
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...