If you are an oyster fan you can make up this quantity of frozen bloody Mary granita in advance and just use it as and when you feel the need.
I would suggest using rock oysters for this recipe, as native oysters are best enjoyed unadulterated.
16-24 medium rock oysters, shucked
1 litre tomato juice
4tbsp Worcestershire sauce (more if you wish)
Tabasco to taste
4 shots of vodka (or more – it's entirely up to you)
Juice of 1 lemon
1tbsp freshly grated horseradish
4-6 good pinches of celery salt (preferably homemade)
Mix all of the ingredients together (except the horseradish) and pour the mixture into a shallow tray; place in the freezer. Stir every so often until the mixture has frozen to a grainy, slushy consistency.
Spoon a couple of teaspoons on to each oyster, sprinkle the horseradish on top and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Nine out of ten male prostate cancer sufferers could be treated after 'game-changing' study
Meditation is touted as a cure for mental instability but can it actually be bad for you?
Anorexic actress Rachael Farrokh told by hospitals she is too skinny to treat
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 JK Rowling horrified by Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis's raunchy photoshoot
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 Georgia Army veteran arrested for breaking window to save dog has charges dropped
- 5 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...