If you are an oyster fan you can make up this quantity of frozen bloody Mary granita in advance and just use it as and when you feel the need.
I would suggest using rock oysters for this recipe, as native oysters are best enjoyed unadulterated.
16-24 medium rock oysters, shucked
1 litre tomato juice
4tbsp Worcestershire sauce (more if you wish)
Tabasco to taste
4 shots of vodka (or more – it's entirely up to you)
Juice of 1 lemon
1tbsp freshly grated horseradish
4-6 good pinches of celery salt (preferably homemade)
Mix all of the ingredients together (except the horseradish) and pour the mixture into a shallow tray; place in the freezer. Stir every so often until the mixture has frozen to a grainy, slushy consistency.
Spoon a couple of teaspoons on to each oyster, sprinkle the horseradish on top and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best juicers
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
The 10 Best food processors
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...