Pan fried wild salmon with salsa verde
Monday 30 June 2008
For the salsa verde
a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
a bunch of chives, chopped
a bunch of basil, chopped
a bunch of mint, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
2tbsp capers, rinsed and well chopped
150ml/5fl oz extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp red wine vinegar
For the salmon
4 salmon fillets 175-250g/6-8oz
1tbsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mix together the parsley, chives, basil, mint, garlic, anchovies and capers. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. The sauce may be prepared several hours ahead. Just before serving, add the vinegar and adjust the seasoning.
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Pour the oil into a pan and place over a medium heat. Season the salmon well and when the oil has begun to smoke lay the fillets skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes without turning, then place in the oven and finish cooking for a further 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the oven and divide among 4 plates. Spoon over the salsa verde and serve with lemon.
Midsummer swimwear season is well and truly upon us – but diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
iJobs Food & Drink
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...