Partridge stuffed with apple and black pudding
The combination of earthy black pudding and the sweetness of the apples complements the delicate gaminess of the partridge. You can serve this with a simply buttered cabbage or greens and maybe a cider gravy, although the partridge with the stuffing is quite moist as it is.
4 oven-ready partridge
120-150g black pudding
1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 230C/gas mark 8. Crumble up the black pudding, if it's a firm one, and mix it with the grated apple. Remove any livers from the bird, chop them and mix with the stuffing.
Fill the cavity of the partridge (not too tightly) with the stuffing and season with salt and pepper and rub with butter. Roast the partridge for 15 minutes, rubbing with more butter.
To serve, halve the partridge or leave it whole; it's up to you.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...