Partridge stuffed with apple and black pudding
The combination of earthy black pudding and the sweetness of the apples complements the delicate gaminess of the partridge. You can serve this with a simply buttered cabbage or greens and maybe a cider gravy, although the partridge with the stuffing is quite moist as it is.
4 oven-ready partridge
120-150g black pudding
1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 230C/gas mark 8. Crumble up the black pudding, if it's a firm one, and mix it with the grated apple. Remove any livers from the bird, chop them and mix with the stuffing.
Fill the cavity of the partridge (not too tightly) with the stuffing and season with salt and pepper and rub with butter. Roast the partridge for 15 minutes, rubbing with more butter.
To serve, halve the partridge or leave it whole; it's up to you.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...