Pea and potato curry
Sunday 11 April 2010
Simple and easy to prepare, this is a deeply flavourful and fragrant curry.
1 tbsp corn or sunflower oil
11/2 tsp toasted ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp roasted ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds, roasted and crushed
2 sticks of cinnamon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
10 fresh curry leaves
3 green chillies, seeds removed and chopped
2 yellow onions, peeled and finely sliced
1 bunch of coriander, stems and roots finely chopped, leaves reserved
5 medium-sized desiree or Cyprus potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
20 ripe, small, plump tomatoes
1 cup of water
150g/5oz freshly shelled peas
3 generous tbsp thick, plain yoghurt
Pour the oil into a large, heavy-based pan, place over a medium heat and add the spices, garlic, curry leaves and chillies, a pinch of salt and cook for two to three minutes. Add the onion, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
Now add the chopped coriander, stir to combine, then add the potatoes and tomatoes, and pour over the water. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add the peas and cook until soft. Stir in the yoghurt and coriander leaves. Season with a little more salt and serve.
Life & Style blogs
National Burger Day: all your beefy questions answered
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini review: a watertight little brother to the S5 with a top flight screen
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...