Pea and potato curry
Sunday 11 April 2010
Simple and easy to prepare, this is a deeply flavourful and fragrant curry.
1 tbsp corn or sunflower oil
11/2 tsp toasted ground coriander seeds
1/2 tsp roasted ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds, roasted and crushed
2 sticks of cinnamon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
10 fresh curry leaves
3 green chillies, seeds removed and chopped
2 yellow onions, peeled and finely sliced
1 bunch of coriander, stems and roots finely chopped, leaves reserved
5 medium-sized desiree or Cyprus potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
20 ripe, small, plump tomatoes
1 cup of water
150g/5oz freshly shelled peas
3 generous tbsp thick, plain yoghurt
Pour the oil into a large, heavy-based pan, place over a medium heat and add the spices, garlic, curry leaves and chillies, a pinch of salt and cook for two to three minutes. Add the onion, turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
Now add the chopped coriander, stir to combine, then add the potatoes and tomatoes, and pour over the water. Place a lid on the pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add the peas and cook until soft. Stir in the yoghurt and coriander leaves. Season with a little more salt and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...