Peas, artichokes and mint
Last year I discovered some frozen prepared artichoke bottoms in my local Middle Eastern supermarket. I must say they are a great product and seem unaffected by the freezing process. I'm all for finding convenience foods that you can serve with no effort and no one knows the difference. Frozen peas are one of my favourites, as well as these artichokes, and combined they make a luxurious starter or side dish, or even part of a mixture of starters.
4 frozen globe artichoke bottoms, defrosted, quartered
150g frozen peas or petit pois, defrosted
A handful of mint leaves, torn
A handful of pea shoots (optional), washed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the artichokes in a pan with a good pinch of salt and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then add the peas and simmer for another minute; drain.
Return to the pan, add the butter and mint (and pea shoots, if using), season and just reheat for a minute and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...