The idea for this came after a pea-shoot lunch we held at Hix Oyster & Chop House a few years ago.
A couple of handfuls of pea shoots, washed
50ml Plymouth gin
20ml sugar syrup
The juice of ½ a lemon
2 pea pods, to serve
Place the pea shoots in a liquidiser with 2 tablespoons of water and blend to make a smooth purée.
Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add the gin, pea shoot purée, sugar syrup and lemon juice and shake for 10-15 seconds.
Strain into 2 chilled martini or coupé glasses. Split the peas in their pods and push on to the side of the glasses to serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...