Pineapple with Sichuan peppercorn sorbet
Saturday 02 May 2009
Pineapple is a great after-dinner fruit because it helps to digest your food. This is a kind of sorbet granita which can be made without an ice-cream maker, and Sichuan peppercorns have a lovely tingling quality, which adds a nice twist.
1 large sweet pineapple
1tsp Sichuan peppercorns, lightly crushed
Top and tail the pineapple (I've left mine with the skin on here, but peel it if you wish). Cut four slices from the pineapple then peel, chop and blend the rest with the Sichuan peppercorns.
Transfer to a plastic or non-reactive container and place in the freezer. Leave in the freezer for 4-6 hours, stirring every so often until frozen. Quarter each pineapple slice and arrange on plates with the sorbet.
Life & Style blogs
Persistent heartburn 'could be a sign of cancer', new survey warns
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
- 1 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
- 5 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...