Pinot Peach Smash
Monday 30 June 2008
The best way to enjoy a summer party is not to have to slave in the kitchen! This wine punch can be made in advance and refrigerated – simply add the mint just before serving to stop it becoming too acrid.
700ml pressed apple juice
2 peaches cut into wedges
2 apples sliced
150ml fresh lemon juice
100ml elderflower cordial
100ml simple syrup
1bottle Pinot Grigio or other dry white wine
4 mint sprigs
Mix all ingredients (apart from the mint) in a large punch bowl. Just before serving add loads of ice and tear the mint and stir in. Serve with a ladle and cups.
Life & Style blogs
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Can SkySaga capture the Minecraft magic?
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
iJobs Food & Drink
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...
25,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: CRM Executive – Global Travel Brand – Luto...