Pinot Peach Smash
Monday 30 June 2008
The best way to enjoy a summer party is not to have to slave in the kitchen! This wine punch can be made in advance and refrigerated – simply add the mint just before serving to stop it becoming too acrid.
700ml pressed apple juice
2 peaches cut into wedges
2 apples sliced
150ml fresh lemon juice
100ml elderflower cordial
100ml simple syrup
1bottle Pinot Grigio or other dry white wine
4 mint sprigs
Mix all ingredients (apart from the mint) in a large punch bowl. Just before serving add loads of ice and tear the mint and stir in. Serve with a ladle and cups.
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
NHS hospitals told not to fill vacancies as cash crisis bites
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Edward Heath 'child sex abuse' allegation: Investigation to be held into Wiltshire police handling of alleged claim in the 1990s
- 3 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 4 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks busy Dublin road
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...