Pizza with grilled radicchio and ricotta
Makes two pizzas
Sunday 14 February 2010
1 head of radicchio
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 sprigs of marjoram, leaves only
1 tbsp traditional balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup/12 tbsp of buffalo - or sheep's-milk ricotta
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
A little extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
Slice the radicchio in half lengthwise, then into quarters. Heat a pan on the hob and add the oil. Cook the radicchio and marjoram over a high heat, stirring once or twice until wilted – about a minute. Remove from the heat and drizzle over the vinegar. Toss to combine and set aside.
Heat the oven to its highest setting and place a pizza stone on the middle shelf to become hot. Roll out the dough using the method in the pizzetta recipe (see related links). Arrange the radicchio on top, followed by generous chunks of ricotta. Season, sprinkle over the Parmesan and drizzle a little oil.
Return to the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, until the outer crust is light brown and the ricotta has begun to melt. Remove from oven; the base should be dry. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with finely sliced Parma ham.
Life & Style blogs
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...