Pizza with roasted squash, tomatoes, black olives and chilli
Makes two pizzas
Sunday 14 February 2010
This pizza is sweeter and softer than the other two here. It has only a little cheese, which is scattered over the top just before serving. The tomatoes moisten the topping.
1 butternut or onion squash, deseeded, peeled and cut into small chunks
12 ripe little plum tomatoes
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
A small handful of good-quality black olives without their stones
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
A little extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Put the squash, tomatoes and chilli in a roasting tin, pour over a little olive oil and toss to coat the ingredients. Season with a little salt and roast on the middle shelf of the oven until tender – about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Turn the oven up to its highest setting and heat the stone. Roll out the dough, either into six as before or into two larger pizzas. Scatter over the vegetables and roast for eight or 15 minutes, depending on size. Remove from the oven and scatter over the cheese. Drizzle over the oil and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...