Pizzetta with Gorgonzola and chard
Makes six pizzetta
Sunday 14 February 2010
Rather than serving one large pizza, divide the dough into six balls and roll into smaller pizzas, known as pizzetta. These are lovely served on individual plates, or cut into smaller slices and served with drinks.
Once you have divided the dough, set aside to rise, covered in a clean cloth, while you prepare the topping.
1 bunch of chard
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
The zest of half an unwaxed lemon
50g/2oz grated Parmesan
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
150g/5oz Gorgonzola dolce (younger and milder than Gorgonzola)
A little extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
Heat the oven to its highest setting and put the pizza stone in to heat up. Boil a pot of well-salted water, blanch the chard for three minutes, then drain. Allow the chard to cool, then squeeze out any excess water with your hands. Chop roughly and put in a bowl. Add the garlic, lemon zest, Parmesan, salt, pepper and oil and dress the chard lightly using your fingers.
Divide the dough into six and roll out till very thin on a floured surface. Let the dough recover for five minutes – it will shrink back a little – then roll again till very thin. Remove the stone from the oven and place the dough on top allowing space between each.
Arrange the chard over the top, then finish with the Gorgonzola and a little oil. Bake in the oven for eight minutes. Serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...