Poached chicken and lentil salad
Sunday 28 March 2010
2 poached chicken breasts, torn into pieces
12 breakfast radishes (the long, white-tipped ones), poached in water until just tender
6 young carrots, poached in water until tender
1 small bunch of tarragon, leaves only, finely chopped
100g/31/2 oz cooked lentils
1 small head of radicchio
For the dressing
1 egg yolk
1 tsp honey
3 tsp verjuice or dry white wine
2 tsp Dijon mustard
80ml olive oil
1/2 tbsp crème fraîche
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the egg yolk, honey, mustard and verjuice/wine into a mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Continue whisking while you add the olive oil as slowly as possible. Finally stir in the crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the vegetables, lentils, salad leaves and poached chicken on a plate and spoon over the vinaigrette. Serve at once.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Postpartum psychosis: How Jessica Pidsley was driven to the edge by the rare illness
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...