Poached duck's egg with crushed potatoes, green onions and bacon
Mashed or crushed potatoes for breakfast soak up excess alcohol and this easy recipe will get you back on track.
500-600g large new potatoes, peeled and cooked
A couple of good knobs of butter
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into ½cm dice or 120g pancetta or bacon cubes
4 duck eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coarsely crush the potatoes with a fork or potato masher, mix in the onions and butter, season and keep hot. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp. Poach the duck eggs, keeping them as soft as possible, then spoon the potato into the centre of warmed serving plates, place the eggs on top, break them with a spoon so the yolk runs into the potato and scatter the bacon over.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video to mark the day
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...