Poached duck's egg with crushed potatoes, green onions and bacon
Mashed or crushed potatoes for breakfast soak up excess alcohol and this easy recipe will get you back on track.
500-600g large new potatoes, peeled and cooked
A couple of good knobs of butter
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into ½cm dice or 120g pancetta or bacon cubes
4 duck eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coarsely crush the potatoes with a fork or potato masher, mix in the onions and butter, season and keep hot. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp. Poach the duck eggs, keeping them as soft as possible, then spoon the potato into the centre of warmed serving plates, place the eggs on top, break them with a spoon so the yolk runs into the potato and scatter the bacon over.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...