Poached duck's egg with crushed potatoes, green onions and bacon
Mashed or crushed potatoes for breakfast soak up excess alcohol and this easy recipe will get you back on track.
500-600g large new potatoes, peeled and cooked
A couple of good knobs of butter
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into ½cm dice or 120g pancetta or bacon cubes
4 duck eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coarsely crush the potatoes with a fork or potato masher, mix in the onions and butter, season and keep hot. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp. Poach the duck eggs, keeping them as soft as possible, then spoon the potato into the centre of warmed serving plates, place the eggs on top, break them with a spoon so the yolk runs into the potato and scatter the bacon over.
Life & Style blogs
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
MIT robots can now clear hurdles as they run
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Reproduction: how much do you remember from your biology GCSE?
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...