Poached duck's egg with crushed potatoes, green onions and bacon
Mashed or crushed potatoes for breakfast soak up excess alcohol and this easy recipe will get you back on track.
500-600g large new potatoes, peeled and cooked
A couple of good knobs of butter
6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into ½cm dice or 120g pancetta or bacon cubes
4 duck eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coarsely crush the potatoes with a fork or potato masher, mix in the onions and butter, season and keep hot. Meanwhile, fry the bacon until crisp. Poach the duck eggs, keeping them as soft as possible, then spoon the potato into the centre of warmed serving plates, place the eggs on top, break them with a spoon so the yolk runs into the potato and scatter the bacon over.
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel makes 15-year-old YouTube star Brendan Jordan the face of its new campaign
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy nurse who killed herself in a Swiss clinic accused of doing it for 'publicity'
Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-driver is missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
iJobs Food & Drink
Circa £26,500 DOE: Guru Careers: An International Project Coordinator / Accoun...
£25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Plumber / Mainten...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...