Poached langoustines with lemon mayonnaise
Sunday 08 June 2008
3 free range egg yolks
The juice of 1 lemon
200ml/7fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
20-30 langoustines (five per person)
First make the mayonnaise. Place the yolks and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour in the olive oil as slowly as possible, whisking continuously as you do so, until all the oil is finished and the mayonnaise is thick and emulsified. Season with the salt and pepper.
Place a large pot of water on to boil and add a really good pinch of salt – the water should be almost as salty as the sea.
When the water has boiled, drop in the langoustines and cook for one minute. Scoop them out and allow to cool.
It is important not to overcrowd the pan, so cook them in batches if necessary.
Then peel and eat with the mayonnaise.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...