Pork tenderloin with creamed wild garlic and asparagus
It's a lovely time of year to combine a quick-cooking cut like a pork tenderloin with some foraged wild garlic leaves and asparagus. If you can't find wild garlic, then use crushed garlic instead.
500g pork tenderloin
1-2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g asparagus, cooked and cut into lengths on the angle
A couple of handfuls of wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
150ml double cream
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, season the pork and cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning the pork as it's cooking and keeping it slightly pink.
Tear the wild garlic leaves in half and simmer in the cream until it has reduced and is coating the wild garlic.
To serve, warm the asparagus in a pan in the butter and season. Spoon the wild garlic on to warmed serving plates, slice the pork and lay on top, then spoon the asparagus over.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...