Pork tenderloin with creamed wild garlic and asparagus
It's a lovely time of year to combine a quick-cooking cut like a pork tenderloin with some foraged wild garlic leaves and asparagus. If you can't find wild garlic, then use crushed garlic instead.
500g pork tenderloin
1-2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g asparagus, cooked and cut into lengths on the angle
A couple of handfuls of wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
150ml double cream
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, season the pork and cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning the pork as it's cooking and keeping it slightly pink.
Tear the wild garlic leaves in half and simmer in the cream until it has reduced and is coating the wild garlic.
To serve, warm the asparagus in a pan in the butter and season. Spoon the wild garlic on to warmed serving plates, slice the pork and lay on top, then spoon the asparagus over.
Life & Style blogs
The psychology of flirtation: how to know when someone's interested
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...