Pork tenderloin with creamed wild garlic and asparagus
It's a lovely time of year to combine a quick-cooking cut like a pork tenderloin with some foraged wild garlic leaves and asparagus. If you can't find wild garlic, then use crushed garlic instead.
500g pork tenderloin
1-2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g asparagus, cooked and cut into lengths on the angle
A couple of handfuls of wild garlic leaves, washed and dried
150ml double cream
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, season the pork and cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning the pork as it's cooking and keeping it slightly pink.
Tear the wild garlic leaves in half and simmer in the cream until it has reduced and is coating the wild garlic.
To serve, warm the asparagus in a pan in the butter and season. Spoon the wild garlic on to warmed serving plates, slice the pork and lay on top, then spoon the asparagus over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...