Potato skins with spiced herb mayonnaise
Saturday 11 July 2009
When I'm making mash I first cook the potatoes in their skins (the flavour is earthier as the skins retain flavour). After scooping out the flesh for the mash, I leaving a little potato on the skins so that they don't end up too thin, and reserve them for a delicious snack. They're perfect popped in the deep-fryer and served with this spiced-up mayonnaise.
The cooked skins from 4-6 large baking potatoes
Vegetable or corn oil for deep frying
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mayonnaise
3-4 tbsp good quality or homemade mayonnaise
1tbsp chopped green herbs such as chives, parsley, chervil
1 medium red chilli, finely chopped
Preheat about 8cm of oil to 160-180C in a large thick-bottomed saucepan or electric deep-fat fryer.
Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients together for the mayonnaise and season. Cook the potato skins in the hot fat for 3-4 minutes until crisp, turning them occasionally.
Remove from the fat and drain on some kitchen paper. Serve with the mayonnaise.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
iJobs Food & Drink
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...