Sunday 24 April 2011
We make this dressing from time to time at work – everyone in the kitchen loves it and when we have menu meetings, it is bound to be brought up as a suggestion by one of the cooks. It is good over a simple green salad and ripe tomatoes, or served alongside chicken or fish (pictured right).
1 preserved lemon
1 bunch of mint, leaves only and finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
300ml/ pint plain, thick Greek-style yoghurt
The juice of half a lemon
Soak the preserved lemon in a cool bowl of water for half an hour, changing the water from time to time.
Remove all the flesh and pips, then place the rind and pith in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Spoon the puréed result into a bowl and add all the other ingredients; stir well to combine, adjust the seasoning and place in the fridge until ready to use.
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel reveals 62-year-old Jacky O’Shaughnessy as underwear model
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Titanfall: Release date, gameplay basics, DLC and everything else you need to know
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...