Sunday 24 April 2011
We make this dressing from time to time at work – everyone in the kitchen loves it and when we have menu meetings, it is bound to be brought up as a suggestion by one of the cooks. It is good over a simple green salad and ripe tomatoes, or served alongside chicken or fish (pictured right).
1 preserved lemon
1 bunch of mint, leaves only and finely chopped
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
300ml/ pint plain, thick Greek-style yoghurt
The juice of half a lemon
Soak the preserved lemon in a cool bowl of water for half an hour, changing the water from time to time.
Remove all the flesh and pips, then place the rind and pith in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Spoon the puréed result into a bowl and add all the other ingredients; stir well to combine, adjust the seasoning and place in the fridge until ready to use.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
iJobs Food & Drink
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...