Prosciutto with warm wilted greens
Sunday 08 February 2009
50g/2oz unsalted butter
1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large bunch of mixed green leaves, such as baby spinach, rocket or escarole
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or red-wine vinegar)
Sea salt and plenty of ground black pepper
12 slices of prosciutto, finely sliced
Place a small, non-stick pan over a low heat. When warm, add the butter and let it melt. Add the shallots and sweat until translucent.
Tear up the greens and add until they begin to wilt – this will not take long.
Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. When the leaves are soft but still vibrant in colour, add the prosciutto.
Toss and divide between four plates. Serve with thick slices of bread to mop up the juices.
Life & Style blogs
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
Night Nurse could put drivers over new drug limit
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...