Prosciutto with warm wilted greens
Sunday 08 February 2009
50g/2oz unsalted butter
1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large bunch of mixed green leaves, such as baby spinach, rocket or escarole
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or red-wine vinegar)
Sea salt and plenty of ground black pepper
12 slices of prosciutto, finely sliced
Place a small, non-stick pan over a low heat. When warm, add the butter and let it melt. Add the shallots and sweat until translucent.
Tear up the greens and add until they begin to wilt – this will not take long.
Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. When the leaves are soft but still vibrant in colour, add the prosciutto.
Toss and divide between four plates. Serve with thick slices of bread to mop up the juices.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...