Prosciutto with warm wilted greens
Sunday 08 February 2009
50g/2oz unsalted butter
1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large bunch of mixed green leaves, such as baby spinach, rocket or escarole
1 tbsp sherry vinegar (or red-wine vinegar)
Sea salt and plenty of ground black pepper
12 slices of prosciutto, finely sliced
Place a small, non-stick pan over a low heat. When warm, add the butter and let it melt. Add the shallots and sweat until translucent.
Tear up the greens and add until they begin to wilt – this will not take long.
Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. When the leaves are soft but still vibrant in colour, add the prosciutto.
Toss and divide between four plates. Serve with thick slices of bread to mop up the juices.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...