100g pumpkin diced and roasted
1) Remove the flesh and seeds from the pumpkin. Roast in tin foil with a little olive oil for 30 minutes at 180 or until the pumpkin becomes soft
2) Once the pumpkin is roasted place into a pan with chilli, butter and add the milk. Bring to the boil, extract part of the liquid and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve to create a purée.
3) With the 100g of diced pumpkin, blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute then roast in a pan to add flavour, maybe add a slice of garlic and a little rosemary.
4) Add the roasted diced pumpkin to the pumpkin purée. Add the 50g of fresh Parmesan and stir to a thick paste
5) Transfer the pumpkin mixture to an oven-proof dish, top with extra grated Parmesan, and for an added extra flavour add some toasted pine nuts or bread crumbs. Cover with either tin foil or a lid and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes at 180. This will help to toast the top of the crumble. Remove the tin foil and bake for 1-2 minutes just to finish the top completely.
A good serving suggestion with this is either a scoop of cottage cheese or a nice scoop of mascarpone and fresh bread- a great vegetarian alternative.Reuse content