Puntarelle with anchovies and capers
Saturday 05 January 2013
Puntarelle is a member of the chicory family, and you can use it in antipasti dishes, or simply toss the leaves into pasta or risotto. Soaking it in iced water will remove the bitterness.
300-400g puntarelle (separate the hearts and leaves, then wash and dry)
10 or so good-quality canned anchovy fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
1tbsp white balsamico or white wine vinegar
1tsp Dijon mustard
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Cook the puntarelle bulbs in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes; pop in the leaves a minute before the end of cooking; drain.
Whisk the ingredients together for the dressing; season. Cut the bulbs into slices and toss in the dressing with the leaves, capers and anchovies.
EastEnders Christmas specials are known for their shouty, over-the-top soap drama but tonight the show has done itself proud thanks to Danny Dyer.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
GTA 5: Christmas arrives in Los Santos as update brings snowball fights, festive jumpers and a homing missile launcher
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...