Puntarelle with mint, anchovies and mozzarella
Sunday 03 February 2008
1 small bunch of basil, leaves only
1 bunch of mint, leaves only
6 good-quality anchovy fillets
2 tbsp good-quality red wine vinegar
120ml/4fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head of puntarelle
6 very fresh balls of buffalo mozzarella
Place the basil and mint leaves in a blender and add the anchovies, vinegar, olive oil and a few grindings of black pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste; it should be salty because of the anchovies, but also vibrant and fresh due to the herbs. Set aside while you prepare the puntarelle.
Break off the puntarelle's pretty outer leaves to leave the inner bulb. Slice as finely as possible. Place in a bowl and spoon over enough dressing to generously coat the slices. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Divide the mozzarella among six plates and arrange the puntarelle salad alongside it. Drizzle with a little more dressing and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Paris attacks: Do not call Charlie Hebdo killers 'terrorists', BBC says
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...