Puntarelle with mint, anchovies and mozzarella
Sunday 03 February 2008
1 small bunch of basil, leaves only
1 bunch of mint, leaves only
6 good-quality anchovy fillets
2 tbsp good-quality red wine vinegar
120ml/4fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head of puntarelle
6 very fresh balls of buffalo mozzarella
Place the basil and mint leaves in a blender and add the anchovies, vinegar, olive oil and a few grindings of black pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste; it should be salty because of the anchovies, but also vibrant and fresh due to the herbs. Set aside while you prepare the puntarelle.
Break off the puntarelle's pretty outer leaves to leave the inner bulb. Slice as finely as possible. Place in a bowl and spoon over enough dressing to generously coat the slices. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Divide the mozzarella among six plates and arrange the puntarelle salad alongside it. Drizzle with a little more dressing and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
The onesie is so last year... meet the Sleepwalker
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...