Queenies with radishes and ponzu
I grew up in Dorset eating little queen scallops brought to the harbour in West Bay, so when it comes to shellfish they have always been close to my heart.
Ponzu is a Japanese citrus-based sauce which comes in many guises, from a citrus yellow to the darker versions which have soy mixed in. It's a great stand-by dressing for Japanese dishes and a great quick marinade.
24-28 queen scallops, shucked, with the deeper half shell reserved
8-10 large radishes, sliced thinly, then shredded
2-3 spring onions, very finely shredded
Ten minutes before serving put the queen-scallop meat in a bowl with the ponzu and spring onion and season well with sea salt.
Leave scallops in the marinade for 2-3 minutes only, then return to their shells and arrange on serving plates with a little of the marinade.
If you can't find ultra-fresh queen scallops then use small, freshly shucked scallops. Cut them in half and leave for another couple of minutes to marinate.
Divide the shredded radishes between the shells and serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...