Makes a litre of quince gin
I named this cocktail after the Princes – as in the food writer Rose and her husband Dominic who brought me some fruit. This infusion lasts well and can be used for all sorts of drinks. I've used the poaching liquor from the cooked quinces in the recipes above as the sweetener here.
500g quinces, coarsely grated
Mix the quince, gin and sugar together; store in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks.
Strain through a fine sieve and store in airtight bottles until required.
To make the cocktail for two, use 150ml of the quince gin mixed with 150ml quince cooking liquor, the juice of 1 lemon and an egg white.
Shake this in a cocktail shaker with ice; pour into suitable serving glasses.
Life & Style blogs
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
NHS property sale could raise £7.5bn to help pay off its growing deficit and free up space for housing
China accused of launching four-day cyber attack on US coding website GitHub
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
Robert Parker interview: The world's top wine critic on tasting 10,000 bottles a year, absurd drinking notes and New World wannabes
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 5 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...