Raw courgettes, crème fraîche, Parmesan and prosciutto
Sunday 07 June 2009
At this time of year, try these sweet young vegetables in their purest form. They taste more of themselves than when they are cooked and have a lovely, crunchy texture. This makes an interesting, light first course.
1 small, young courgette, without blemishes
40g/11/2oz Parmesan, shaved using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler
Sea salt and black pepper
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
A squeeze of lemon juice
4 tbsp crème fraîche
8 very fine slices of prosciutto
Shave the courgette lengthwise, using a peeler, and place in a bowl with the slices of Parmesan. Season with a little salt and pepper. Be careful not to use too much salt, as both the Parmesan and prosciutto have a substantial salt content.
Dress with half the olive oil and a small squeeze of lemon juice. Divide among four plates, then lay over a slice of prosciutto, top with the crème fraîche, then another layer of courgette, and a final slice of prosciutto. Drizzle over the rest of the oil and serve.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...