Red mullet on toast with olives
The robust flavour of red mullet works very well with Mediterranean ingredients such as olives and capers.
4 small red mullet fillets, about 80g each, or 2 halved fillets from a larger fish
A couple of knobs of butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices of white bloomer-type bread
3tbsp tapenade mixed with a tablespoon of chopped capers
8 green or black olives, roughly chopped
2tbsp olive oil
Melt the butter in a heavy or non-stick frying pan. Season the red mullet fillets and fry them, skin side down first, over a medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side. Toast the bread on both sides. Spread the tapenade mixture on the toast, top with the red mullet and place on warmed serving plates. Mix the chopped olives with the olive oil and spoon over the mullet.
Life & Style blogs
Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...