Red mullet with spring vegetables
Serves 4 as a starter or main
The vibrant combination of the red mullet and green vegetables makes this a lovely light spring starter or main course. You can use whatever vegetables you can get hold of and you could even add a few spears of thin sprue asparagus or samphire.
4 or 8 fillets of red mullet, scaled and boned
1tbsp olive oil
50g podded weight of peas, cooked
50-60g podded weight of young broad beans
8 baby leeks or spring onions, cooked
2tbsp white wine
120g butter, cubed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 175C/gas mark 4. Place the red mullet fillets on a baking tray, skin-side up, season and then brush with olive oil.
Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes until just cooked. Meanwhile, place the wine in a saucepan and simmer until it has almost evaporated, then remove it from the heat and whisk in the butter until it has emulsified.
Reheat the vegetables in a little water, drain and mix with the sauce.
Season to taste, spoon on to serving plates and then place the red mullet on top. Serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...