Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream.
280g caster sugar
40g ginger fresh
2 small or 1 large orange
7 leaves gelatine
1)Trim ends of rhubarb and wash, cut into 2-3cm chunks and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid, cut orange into slices and peel ginger and cut into slices, add water and sugar, place on lid and put into oven at 150c for 30-40 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. 2) strain rhubarb and place juice in small saucepan. 3) soak leaf gelatine in cold water for 10 mins, squeeze out any water with your hands and stir into hot rhubarb juice to dissolve. 4) divide cooked rhubarb between 6 glasses or 1 large bowl and pour over liquid. 5) refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and shortbread.
Watch a video demonstration from Canteen above.
Canteen's ' Best British Food', published by Ebury , is out now.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 4 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...