Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream.
280g caster sugar
40g ginger fresh
2 small or 1 large orange
7 leaves gelatine
1)Trim ends of rhubarb and wash, cut into 2-3cm chunks and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid, cut orange into slices and peel ginger and cut into slices, add water and sugar, place on lid and put into oven at 150c for 30-40 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. 2) strain rhubarb and place juice in small saucepan. 3) soak leaf gelatine in cold water for 10 mins, squeeze out any water with your hands and stir into hot rhubarb juice to dissolve. 4) divide cooked rhubarb between 6 glasses or 1 large bowl and pour over liquid. 5) refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and shortbread.
Watch a video demonstration from Canteen above.
Canteen's ' Best British Food', published by Ebury , is out now.
Life & Style blogs
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Melanoma rates in the UK are up five times on the 1970s
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
How dementia is changing me: My battle with an ever-shifting identity
It’s a pizza! And a cake!! What’s not to like? (The calories)
- 1 Chelsea 1 Sunderland 2: Graceless reaction of Jose Mourinho a sad effort to hide his own flaws
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Shropshire criminals ‘using unmanned drones and infrared cameras to find illegal cannabis farms’ – and then steal from the growers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...