Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream.
280g caster sugar
40g ginger fresh
2 small or 1 large orange
7 leaves gelatine
1)Trim ends of rhubarb and wash, cut into 2-3cm chunks and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid, cut orange into slices and peel ginger and cut into slices, add water and sugar, place on lid and put into oven at 150c for 30-40 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. 2) strain rhubarb and place juice in small saucepan. 3) soak leaf gelatine in cold water for 10 mins, squeeze out any water with your hands and stir into hot rhubarb juice to dissolve. 4) divide cooked rhubarb between 6 glasses or 1 large bowl and pour over liquid. 5) refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and shortbread.
Watch a video demonstration from Canteen above.
Canteen's ' Best British Food', published by Ebury , is out now.
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...