Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream.
280g caster sugar
40g ginger fresh
2 small or 1 large orange
7 leaves gelatine
1)Trim ends of rhubarb and wash, cut into 2-3cm chunks and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid, cut orange into slices and peel ginger and cut into slices, add water and sugar, place on lid and put into oven at 150c for 30-40 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. 2) strain rhubarb and place juice in small saucepan. 3) soak leaf gelatine in cold water for 10 mins, squeeze out any water with your hands and stir into hot rhubarb juice to dissolve. 4) divide cooked rhubarb between 6 glasses or 1 large bowl and pour over liquid. 5) refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and shortbread.
Watch a video demonstration from Canteen above.
Canteen's ' Best British Food', published by Ebury , is out now.
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as 'minute of bulls**t'
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...