Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream.
280g caster sugar
40g ginger fresh
2 small or 1 large orange
7 leaves gelatine
1)Trim ends of rhubarb and wash, cut into 2-3cm chunks and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid, cut orange into slices and peel ginger and cut into slices, add water and sugar, place on lid and put into oven at 150c for 30-40 mins or until rhubarb is just tender. 2) strain rhubarb and place juice in small saucepan. 3) soak leaf gelatine in cold water for 10 mins, squeeze out any water with your hands and stir into hot rhubarb juice to dissolve. 4) divide cooked rhubarb between 6 glasses or 1 large bowl and pour over liquid. 5) refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and shortbread.
Watch a video demonstration from Canteen above.
Canteen's ' Best British Food', published by Ebury , is out now.
Life & Style blogs
10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 Fifa corruption arrests: Nike reported to be 'multinational sportswear company' at centre of bribery claims over Brazil shirt deal
- 3 Facebook Messenger sends 'creepily' precise location data, as revealed by Marauders Map Chrome extension
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
iJobs Food & Drink
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...