Ridgeview jelly with Tayberries
I discovered Ridgeview at a reception at South Downs College which I annually visit to work with the students. I thought it was Champagne and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was made in the Sussex Downs. Awarded Best British Sparkling Wine in 2009, it's now comfortably up there with Nyetimber and other great British vintages.
50g caster sugar
4 sheets leaf gelatine
450ml Ridgeview sparkling wine or Champagne
Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes until soft; remove and squeeze out the water.
Meanwhile, bring 100ml of water to the boil, add the sugar and stir until dissolved, then remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine leaves until fully dissolved.
Add the wine, then half fill 4 individual jelly moulds, or one large one, with the jelly liquid and half of the Tayberries.
Put in the fridge for an hour or so to set, then top up with the rest of the Tayberries and unset jelly. This allows the berries to stay suspended and not float to the top. Return to the fridge for an hour or so. Turn out, and serve with thick Jersey cream.
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Food & Drink
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...