Ridgeview jelly with Tayberries
Saturday 31 July 2010
I discovered Ridgeview at a reception at South Downs College which I annually visit to work with the students. I thought it was Champagne and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was made in the Sussex Downs. Awarded Best British Sparkling Wine in 2009, it's now comfortably up there with Nyetimber and other great British vintages.
50g caster sugar
4 sheets leaf gelatine
450ml Ridgeview sparkling wine or Champagne
Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes until soft; remove and squeeze out the water.
Meanwhile, bring 100ml of water to the boil, add the sugar and stir until dissolved, then remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine leaves until fully dissolved.
Add the wine, then half fill 4 individual jelly moulds, or one large one, with the jelly liquid and half of the Tayberries.
Put in the fridge for an hour or so to set, then top up with the rest of the Tayberries and unset jelly. This allows the berries to stay suspended and not float to the top. Return to the fridge for an hour or so. Turn out, and serve with thick Jersey cream.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram accounts hacked, apparently by Lizard Squad
Doctors in the dock: Scandal of GPs who get cash from healthcare firms for patient referrals
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...