Roasted apricots with mascarpone and amaretti
Saturday 16 July 2011
There are some large deep golden apricots around, almost the size of peaches, which are perfect for this dessert as you can serve three halves for each person.
6 large golden apricots or 12 small ones
A few knobs of butter
8 amaretti biscuits
Pre-heat the oven to 240/gas mark 8. Halve the apricots; remove the stones. Arrange the apricots, cut side up in an ovenproof dish or roasting tray and place a little butter on each one.
Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they begin to lightly colour, then remove and leave to cool a little. Meanwhile coarsely crush the amaretti biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin.
To serve, arrange the apricots on serving plates and spoon over any cooking juices. Place a spoonful of mascarpone in the centre and scatter the amaretti over.
Life & Style blogs
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
iJobs Food & Drink
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Project Accountant (Part-...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...