Roasted apricots with mascarpone and amaretti
Saturday 16 July 2011
There are some large deep golden apricots around, almost the size of peaches, which are perfect for this dessert as you can serve three halves for each person.
6 large golden apricots or 12 small ones
A few knobs of butter
8 amaretti biscuits
Pre-heat the oven to 240/gas mark 8. Halve the apricots; remove the stones. Arrange the apricots, cut side up in an ovenproof dish or roasting tray and place a little butter on each one.
Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they begin to lightly colour, then remove and leave to cool a little. Meanwhile coarsely crush the amaretti biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin.
To serve, arrange the apricots on serving plates and spoon over any cooking juices. Place a spoonful of mascarpone in the centre and scatter the amaretti over.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 5 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...