Roasted autumn vegetables with dried chilli and lemon
Sunday 25 October 2009
The vegetables available at this time of year are beautiful when roasted – bitter leaves such as trevisse mellow and sweeten when cooked, as do squashes, fennel, onions and carrots. Just about any combination will do – served warm or at room temperature they are just right all on their own but also accompanied by simply grilled meat or fish.
1kg-1.5kg/2lb-3lb combination of veg (see above), washed, cleaned and prepped
100ml/31/2fl oz extra-virgin olive oil
2 dried chillies
A good pinch of sea salt
80g/3oz grated Parmesan
The juice and zest of one lemon
Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6. Slice the vegetables into large slices but do not peel. Put in a bowl and pour over the oil, chillies and salt.
Toss together well and lay in a roasting tray. Cover with foil and roast on the middle shelf of the oven for one hour, removing the foil and cooking uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle over the Parmesan and zest. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...