Roasted figs with raspberries
Sunday 07 August 2011
4 large, ripe green figs
The juice of one orange
1 tbsp Pedro Ximénez (optional – but don't be tempted to substitute with another sweet sherry; this will give by far the best results)
1 tbsp honey
1 punnet of raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Slice the figs in half and lay on a roasting tray, cut-side up.
Pour the orange juice, sherry and honey in a bowl and mix together to combine.
Pour over the figs and place the roasting tray on the middle shelf of the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes or until the figs are soft, almost bubbling and slightly caramelised around the edges.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
When cool, place in the fridge to chill; they are nicest served slightly cold.
Arrange attractively on a plate and scatter the raspberries over the top. Serve with a dollop of rich, thick Jersey cream.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Life & Style blogs
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
Foodini: the £835 machine that 'prints' food in your kitchen
Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
In pictures: Christmas in London through the ages
Pirate Bay sets sail for Ascension Island after SX domain name seized by authorities
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...