Roasted figs with raspberries
Sunday 07 August 2011
4 large, ripe green figs
The juice of one orange
1 tbsp Pedro Ximénez (optional – but don't be tempted to substitute with another sweet sherry; this will give by far the best results)
1 tbsp honey
1 punnet of raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Slice the figs in half and lay on a roasting tray, cut-side up.
Pour the orange juice, sherry and honey in a bowl and mix together to combine.
Pour over the figs and place the roasting tray on the middle shelf of the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes or until the figs are soft, almost bubbling and slightly caramelised around the edges.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
When cool, place in the fridge to chill; they are nicest served slightly cold.
Arrange attractively on a plate and scatter the raspberries over the top. Serve with a dollop of rich, thick Jersey cream.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...