Roasted figs with raspberries
Sunday 07 August 2011
4 large, ripe green figs
The juice of one orange
1 tbsp Pedro Ximénez (optional – but don't be tempted to substitute with another sweet sherry; this will give by far the best results)
1 tbsp honey
1 punnet of raspberries
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Slice the figs in half and lay on a roasting tray, cut-side up.
Pour the orange juice, sherry and honey in a bowl and mix together to combine.
Pour over the figs and place the roasting tray on the middle shelf of the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes or until the figs are soft, almost bubbling and slightly caramelised around the edges.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
When cool, place in the fridge to chill; they are nicest served slightly cold.
Arrange attractively on a plate and scatter the raspberries over the top. Serve with a dollop of rich, thick Jersey cream.
Life & Style blogs
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Hundreds of Scottish women to launch damages claims against makers of the vaginal mesh implants which have left them in constant pain and even unable to have sex
Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
Apple's iOS 7.1: How to get the iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
Is the secret to liberation from the cares of this world a two-word curse?
- 1 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 2 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Opportunity for a B...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Bus...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...